Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster


For our project on personal manifestos we had many requirements that we had to incorporate into the poster. I struggled on this assignment because I am new to GT and don't quite know everything yet, but i got threw it. This project held many challenges because it all has to be perfectly aligned and perfectly kerned. I was lucky to have had people in this class that were able to help me understand better of what I was doing. I hope that my manifesto puts a smile on your face and inspires you to do the stuff you love! Happiness is better then anything and it's contagious, it will affect others that are around you.


One of our first requirements is to have two text layers, one of them being our manifesto, and the other being your personal quotes. Another one of our requirements is to have four total images. Three of them being symbolic images that represent yourself, and one of them being a portrait of your face. We also had design expectations, meaning all of our writing had to be completely kerned to fit perfectly across the page. We wanted our manifestos to look even cooler so we had to make a triadic color scheme, meaning one dominant and two harmonious colors. The last requirement for the manifesto project was our blending options for our text. We had to mess with many options to do so, (dropping shadow, stroke, outer glow, curves, levels, exposure, etc.) I think that the biggest challenge for me was kerning the whole thing to evenly space around the whole page.

Personally I had a difficult time completing this project. As you know I am new to the GT program and so I am still getting used to using all of the different programs. I think that the biggest challenge for me was the kerning, it had to be perfectly aligned. I definitely think that i could have improved on this project. I was not able to finish properly kerning and I was also not able to put a triadic color scheme or add effects to my images. I am excited to start on other projects and learn new skills. 











No comments:

Post a Comment